Friday, 2 January 2009

Sock Challenge Update

I'm officially two days into my 2009 Sock Challenge, and I've just finished my first sock! (I have to confess that I started it on December 27th, but I'm allowing myself that head start!) I'm using a modified version of Cookie's Monkey pattern that I found on Ravelry. It casts on 72 stitches rather than 64 as per the pattern. My previous attempt at Monkey was disastrous, as the sock was too tight to fit over my size 9 foot! I love the pattern and am delighted to report that this sock fits perfectly! Here it is on my birthday sock blocker, in all its glory!The yarn is lovely too - Regia Mosaik Color that I bought on holiday in Canada last summer. I'm just off to cast on the 2nd one to get it on the needles before I go back to school on Monday.

1 comment:

snoopydog said...

Love, love, love the yarn! So glad you found a modification to fit, 'cos this is one of my favourite sock patterns so far. I like those sock blockers too!!!!!!!