We made a start on the 'proper' socks using patterns from the Violet Green sock pattern generator. I like the fact that you can customise the pattern for both foot length and width and have always found it fits well. Flora managed to get the ribbing done before she had to leave.
After a hiccup with her casting on, Kay decided to work on her sock at home that evening, so Diane and I spent the evening knitting away together with the cats keeping us company. (Shhhhhh, don't tell Flo!!)
Kay popped back for a couple of hours yesterday morning and got her ribbing established and was so happy to have learnt a new skill. Diane was determined to finish her first sock and make a start on its partner. Just before lunch today, we had a grand 'ta dah' moment when we were both able to show off our finished socks.
Perhaps even more exciting, a new knitter was 'born' this weekend! Diane's 14 year old son was watching us fascinated, and wanted to have a go himself. Needles and yarn were found, stitches cast on and some progress was made on a skinny scarf! I cannot wait to follow the scarf's progress!
The girls are planning to get together this week to continue knitting their socks, and Diane is already planning her second pair!! Success! xxx