Tuesday 31 March 2009

Marching with a spring in my step

Just in the nick of time, I've finished my March pair of socks for the 2009 Sock Challenge. I used Spring Forward, and a semi-solid yarn from the Natural Dye Studio - Dazzle, in the colourway Violet. I think that the yarn shows off the pattern really well. I adapted the pattern by having one extra stitch at the start of each pattern repeat, so that the 'springy' bit was very slightly wider.

Spring Forward

I also finished my Waving not Drowning socks for Mr Josiekitten's cousin. I love the pattern, and hope she will too. She put in a request for some more summery socks after the pair I gave her last Christmas.

Monika's Waving not Drowning socks 002

I think that I've chosen the pattern for my April socks. I need to tinker about a bit with needle sizes and stitch numbers. Once I'm sure, I'll let you know! In the meantime, I've started another pair of stripy socks for Michele's Dad, and I'm also busy knitting baby things! More about them another time. (The baby things aren't for me, I hasten to add!!)

No comments: