Monday 5 October 2009

Autumn blackberries

I know I only blogged yesterday, but I just had to share this with you! When I got home from work today, there, sat on the mat was a squishy parcel with an airmail sticker on it! Yay! It was my skein swap parcel from Cathy. We got chatting on Ravelry after I commented on her socks, and decided that we would swap a skein of yarn - me sending something British (Natural Dye Studio Dazzle), and Cathy sending me something Canadian. Cathy has just been on a knitting holiday in the Maritimes in Canada, and I knew she was visiting some amazing yarn producers, and she sent me a skein of Handmaiden Casbah yarn, in the most gorgeous shades of purple and deep pink. It is sooooooo soft and squishy, you cannot believe it. I have it here, right in front of me, to admire as I type. The colourway is Blackberry, and I can just picture all those plump, juicy berries ripening. Take a look......

Canadian swap 007

I have recently bought a jacket, and I think that this yarn may well be destined to become a scarf or shawl to accessorise! It goes perfectly.

Canadian swap 010

Cathy also sent me a bag of Maple Syrup toffees, and they are delicious! I shall have to hide them away from Mr Josiekitten, as although he claims he doesn't have a sweet tooth, he does like maple syrup! In the meantime, I'm off in search of the perfect pattern!

5 comments:

snoopydogknits said...

What a lucky girl you are! That yarn looks absolutely gorgeous!Oh and by the way, my October socks are actually pretty stretchy. I'm loving the pattern. XX

AnnaPrasad said...

Such luck, I love the colour of the yarn and I bet you'll create something really nice out of it.

Jennyff said...

That yarn matches your jacket perfectly, a combination as delicious as maple syrup and icecream. You will glow your way through winter.

M.E. Greene said...

Mmm... delicious colors!

AC said...

gosh that looks a gorgeous yarn and in an amazing colourway:-)
Take care,
Alison