Sunday 15 November 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Hello there! I hope that your weather has been better than ours. Yesterday it was so wet and windy, Mr Josiekitten and I decided that we'd spend the weekend cooking. Our Christmas pudding (courtesy of Delia Smith - truly delicious!) is on its last 2 hours of steaming, until Christmas day. Mr Josiekitten braved the elements to pick some cabbages, and there are 3 tubs of braised red cabbage with apples (good old Delia!) ready for the freezer. The bread sauce (yes, her again!) is in the freezer too! The whole house smells so Christmassy, I love it!
While we're talking about Christmas, I must share with you the lovely little decorations I made at a 'Knitting for Christmas' workshop I went to at my LYS. Becky had come up with lots of simple projects for us to try, using Ashford Tekapo yarn. It comes in a lovely range of colours, and we knitted it on smaller needles than suggested to get a denser fabric.
I just love, love, love the little tree! I'm going to try to knit a few of these to send to friends and family this year.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I managed to make a couple during the session.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (4)

I also had a go at a little robin

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (3)

and a stocking.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (1)

I'm going to make some more stockings to try out my recently-acquired beading and intarsia skills. Don't you just love the ribbon trim? It's Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon, and the colours are just gorgeous! Bright, jewel like shades just glowing and sparkling. I might get some to use instead of gift ribbon for wrapping presents. Just take a closer look and I bet you'll want some too!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (9)

I've finished the first of my November socks and am loving the pattern. I've actually followed the pattern as written, without adding any extra stitches, and it fits perfectly. The yarn is beautiful too, and has been much admired.

November Primavera WIP (6)

I just love the colour changes, don't you?

November Primavera WIP (8)

No significant progress made on either of the 2 scarves I'm knitting. It's definitely been a sock week this week. I also finished my 'Eat your Greens' socks for Michele's Dad. They were made using the Violet Green sock generator pattern - I find this a reliable pattern for a custom-fit plain sock. I hope he likes them.

Eat Your Greens socks 001

Before I go, I must just share this photo with you - it's definitely sock-wearing season again! A week's worth of cosy toes drying! Have a good week.

sock-wearing season has begun (1)

8 comments:

melissa said...

oh my, i am in love with those little tree ornaments - they are completely adorable!!

love all the socks hanging up to dry as well - i have a similar scene going on over here.

bpddjeoomon said...

Aw I love those trees!

Jennyff said...

Oh yes, very smug post with all that Christmas cooking done, beautiful decorations made and still time for socks, love the November ones. I'd be smug if I was at that stage and had a beautiful pair of socks for each day of the week. As it is I'm just jealous. Have a great week.

snoopydogknits said...

Sounds like you had a great day at 'Norfolk Yarns'. I love the little tree decorations! All that sock knitting too!!! How on earth did you find time to cook and freeze stuff for Christmas? Tell me the secret please.
Have a good week! XXX

M.E. Greene said...

Those are sweet! I've been thinking a lot about ornaments lately (knitted ones) and have yet to make a single one. I'm still too busy trying to finish up my myriad Christmas knit projects. But you've inspired me. Maybe I'll finally have a chance this week to knit an ornament or two!

Figgi Yarns said...

I've just seen your website and I love those sweet Xmas decorations you've knitted - beautiful : )

Carrie said...

Ooh, so many socks! I wish I had your motivation. I cast on socks with such inthusiasm, I just wish it would last till they were finished!
Those wee decorations are so cool!

Carrie said...

I've also just realised I spelled Enthusiasm with an I!! Dear oh dear...