Sunday 27 December 2009

2009 Sock Challenge - done!

It hardly seems like a year ago when I set myself the challenge of knitting a pair of socks each month, each one using a different pattern. It wasn't always easy, and at least one pair of socks took considerably longer than one month to knit, but I did it!! Here is my ta-dah moment where I proudly present my 2009 Sock Challenge socks!

2009 Sock Challenge - done!

It's a relief to have finished. It was quite pressurised (all my own pressure admittedly!) at times, and having to knit a pair of socks each month ate into my knitting time. At the beginning of 2009, I only wanted to knit socks, but as the year has progressed, there have been other things that I've wanted to try but couldn't because I had to knit a pair of socks! Next year, I don't think that I'm going to set myself such a strict timetable, but undoubtedly there will be some 2010 knitting challenges to meet. I have a couple of favourite pairs, that seem to get pulled out of the rather bulging sock drawer more often than others. They are the August Jaywalkers (3rd row middle) and the January Monkeys (1st row left). Which pair do you like best?

4 comments:

M.E. Greene said...

Fantastic job! :)

Carrie said...

Wow, what an achievement! I think any commitment like that on my part would lead to inevitable failure! Well done on the jaywalkers, when I tried that pattern mine turned out so tight I had to frog. I like the little ones on the bottom left, what pattern's that? They look comfy! :)

melissa said...

amazing amazing - what a wonderful year of socks!

i like may and november, but it was really hard to choose!

snoopydogknits said...

You've beaten me by miles. Great work! I've looked for ages and can't pick a favourite. They all have something special about them; either the colour or the pattern. I still have a quarter of a November sock still to complete and one and a half December socks!!!!!! They'll get done eventually. Can't wait to see your first bit of spinning. xx