Saturday 27 March 2010

Been a bit norty!

A quick post to share with you my squishy parcel from Laughing Yaffle. I told you last time that I'd succumbed to some mini-skeins of Ali's beautiful yarn. The parcel arrived yesterday, and I am absolutely thrilled! The photos don't do the colours justice - they are so, so vibrant! Anyway, here they are. The first set is called Rainbow Brights.........................

Laughing Yaffle Mini Temptations 005

and the second one is called Moody Blues.

Laughing Yaffle Mini Temptations 006

I can't wait to get started on my sock yarn blankie again! Do you want to feast your eyes on all those tempting yarns once more? Go on, you know you want to!

Laughing Yaffle Mini Temptations

Each mini-skein is about 30g, so there's more than enough for several little mitred squares. Enough, even, I do believe, for sharing with a certain knitting pal of mine! Now I must away and finish my packing. This time tomorrow I shall be en France, so I shall bid you all au revoir for the next fortnight! Have fun!

8 comments:

melissa said...

oh my stars.... that yarn is AMAZING!!!!!!!
i am drooling allover myself!

snoopydogknits said...

SUCH pretty yarns! I went across when I got the e-mail, but was too late. BOO HOO! Have a great trip. XX

Aussie Maria said...

Oh my what absolutely amazing colours!!!!

Jennyff said...

Sorry I missed you before your trip. Have you left all that gorgeous yarn at home, will it be safe, I could have looked after it for you.

knittingsandwich said...

oh my goodness they are GORGEOUS!!! oooh how much fun you'll have!
-cmv

M.E. Greene said...

Lovely colorful yarns...
Looking forward to hearing your tales of France. (I'm trying not to be jealous, but I can't promise anything.) Bon voyage!

frou-frou said...

Hello I just stumbled upon your lovely site and thoguht I'd say hello. I love your new yarn purchases and cant wait to see what you do with it. I think your sock yarn obsession is great - I love the colours adn weight of sock yarn - but I"ve only ever made one pair of socks!! Fiona

Viknits said...

Think I've missed you, so I hope your trip is going well! Good luck with it :) I think when other countries see that you're trying to speak their language they will help you out as much as they can. The yarn is absolutely gorgeous! The sets of mini skeins are a great idea! I also really,really love the fibre in the post below - it's just beautiful. How exciting! I love Megan's fibre, but haven't had any for ages. I must remedy that!
How easy (or not) is the crochet ripple scarf? I fancy having ago now that I can kind of crochet!
Vikki xx