As you can see from the photo mosaic, there's not much that I'd call a really 'meaty' knit there! I've knitted (and crocheted) lots of smaller projects throughout the year - socks, scarves, baby clothes - but no garments for myself. I've also had loads of projects on the go at any one time. I think 12 was my highest! So I'm going for a different approach this year. Let me present to you my knitting resolutions for 2011. Drum roll please!
1. To knit from stash! I have a huge amount of yarn stored away in my craft room, and it needs to be used! I'm aiming to knit 100 balls from my stash during the year, and I will try my hardest not to buy any yarn until KnitNation in July. If you take a look at my stash on Ravelry, you'll see that this should be an easy job, with plenty of choice!
3. To have less projects on the go at any one time. I'm going to try to focus on less and get things finished quicker, rather than have projects hanging around for months (or even years!)
4. To try some different techniques. I'm keen to improve my knitting skills, and want to have a try at some colourwork, lace knitting and knitting with beads.
5. To have a go at designing. I have some ideas bubbling around in my head for a pair of socks. I need to take the plunge and start playing around!
6. To improve my spinning. My spinning wheel just celebrated its first birthday, and I have accumulated lots of gorgeous fibre, so I need to try and spin more regularly to produce some yarn that I'm really proud of, and able to knit into something useful!
Well, there you are! That's my list done. I wonder how successful I'm going to be? Have you made any knitting resolutions or set yourself any knitty challenges for 2011? Do please share them with me. Call back tomorrow and I'll show you the last knits of 2010 and the first knits of 2011. xxx