Thursday 31 March 2011

Where are they now? 2KCBWDAY4

5564667600_cffc20e5c7_o[1]


Whatever happened to your ...................?


Write about the fate of a past knitting project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.


Back in 2009 I joined a small knitting group. We met each week in a local pub, The Pigs. This pub, not surprisingly, is packed with all sorts of piggy memorabilia, and so I decided that what they needed was a pair of woolly porkers to add to their already substantial collection. I searched Ravelry for the perfect pattern, and found this. A quick rummage through my stash gave me an odd ball of Noro Kureyon yarn, and before too long, the Ickle Piggies were born!


piggies (4)


I have to say that I really, really liked them, and found it very hard to hand them over to the pub at my next knitting group. But I bid them farewell, taking comfort from the fact that they were sitting by the 'Pigs in Knits' sign, waiting for my return each week. They proved popular with the regulars, and people were even reputed to have offered money to buy them! Every Thursday Knitnight, I'd say a little hello to them as they watched down on us knitting with their black buttony eyes. The knitting group took a break for the summer, and so, it seems, did the Ickle Piggies. When I next returned to the pub, there was no sign of them!! No one at the pub claimed to have any knowledge of what had happened to them! Did someone steal them in a drunken moment? Were they bartered for? Wherever they've ended up, I hope that someone loves them and is giving them a good home together! They'd hate to be separated! Oink oink Ickle Piggies!


piggies (2)

16 comments:

Ms C @ HappyElastic said...

Oh I hope they are still together too. They look like they belong together!

Anonymous said...

they are absolutely ADORABLE! I, too, hope they are together and that maybe they'll turn up again someday.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a shame they disappeared! They are very cute :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, I hope they are still together.

snoopydogknits said...

Hello! I had forgotten you were doing this all week. I just LOVED those ickle piggies, but it wasn't me who stole them!!!!! XX

Moonie said...

Those are adorable! You know, maybe they missed your group, and took off on an adventure of their own to try to find you :)

Anonymous said...

Oh they're so cute! I hope they are together enjoying an exciting life.

Northern Monkey said...

I hope they are loved where ever they are

Stadtwaldvogel said...

Dear Mom,

we are sound and save and live in a very nice home now. We just wanted to let you know that you don't have to worry about us! One night we sneaked away to find a home that is less noisy. We are still together and we are cuddled every single day!

Love, the Ickle Piggies

Wendy said...

I love the yarn you chose for the piggies. Makes them extra special.

thebyrdsnest53 said...

Those are the cutest pigs I have seen. I hope they went to a good home.

rachel said...

Oh my gosh. They are absolutely adorable. I hope they're together in the big world somewhere, maybe even sharing a pint. :)

Stefanie said...

Very cool how the piggies are popular at the pub and that ppl even offered $ to buy them. One of the best compliments ever! Happy for you.

Jennyff said...

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd escaped and gone to live with someone who knit them lots of little pink piglets. Whatever happened I'm sure they are living happily ever after.

Kitty Sue said...

love the story! We have a Pig Pen Saloon in our neighborhood and they collect all sorts of pig stuff also, in fact most of us do here in Hog VAlley.

thanks for sharing, I have put that pattern in my que.

melissa said...

i hope they're still together too. so sad they've disappeared... but maybe when you find them they'll have a litter of piglets with them!