Monday 22 August 2011

Spinning a yarn

Me again! I wanted to show you the yarn I've been busy spinning. I was browsing on Etsy one day when I came across Hedgehog Fibres. The colours in the fibre were just beautiful, so I decided to buy three braids with the intention of spinning up enough yarn to knit something other than a scarf! I chose Corriedale, as it was a fibre that I'd not spun before. I spun up the first braid during the Tour de Fleece, and then spun the remaining two after returning from holiday. I Navajo-plied them this week, and have ended up with about 600 metres of sport weight yarn. Sadly, I don't think that I've got enough yarn to knit this, so I'm on the lookout for another pattern. Any suggestions? Please let me know if you have seen the perfect pattern! See you soon! xxx


Corriedale fibre - Hedgehog fibres

4 comments:

Lynne said...

I don't have any pattern suggestions, but I justed wanted to say your spinning is fab! Happy pattern-hunting. :)

Kat Jorgensen said...

Beautiful spinning. Love the colors. My colors!!!! Is there a chance you could get more of the same colorway and spin up some more? Wish I could get my spinning as consistent as you do. Well done!

Carrie said...

Ooh, what beautiful fibre!! That looks truly squishable :). Lovely spinning!

Carrie xx

Anonymous said...

love the spinning! your yarns are always so lovely.

-melissa