Sunday 9 October 2011

Autumn Days

This was the view out of the window this morning.
dreary day (1)

Wet and gloomy! Luckily it did brighten up after lunch, so Mr JK and I went to visit one of our favourite local gardens, the Old Vicarage at East Ruston. We bought season tickets this year, so we have visited several times. It's a massive garden, so there's always something new to see. This time, autumn was definitely in evidence.

Autumn at East Ruston Old Vicarage

There's a lovely tearoom there too, with far too many delicious cakes to choose from. I am very boring and had my usual - a slice of carrot and walnut cake. Mmmmmmmmmm.
Old Vicarage Oct 2011 067

I have been busy knitting this week, but the weather was too dull when we got home to take any photos, so I shall endeavour to take some in the week. Mr JK is busy in the kitchen making a beef stew. It smells just mouthwatering, so I shall say goodbye for now and go peep round the kitchen door and drool! See you soon. xxx

7 comments:

Emma (GirlAnachronismE) said...

Gorgeous pictures! It looks like a lovely garden to visit =)

Lynne said...

What lovely photos! The cake looks delicious... :)

snoopydogknits said...

Lovely pics my dear!!! Lovely cake too!!! Have a good week. Ros

busybusybeejay said...

My weakness is flapjack!it looks a lovely garden.

Kat Jorgensen said...

OMG! That cake looks right up my alley!!!! I think I put on 5 lbs looking at the picture.

Hope the rains pass soon. : )

Catherine said...

Oh so exciting! I've just found your blog and LOVE it! Cx

Anonymous said...

lovely pictures!
fall is in the air here as well and i couldn't be happier about it!

-melissa