Monday 2 July 2012

Tour de Fleece - Day 3

Well, the yarn is plied and I have to say, my yardage is pitiful. There's no other word for it! Around 210 metres, so nowhere near enough for a pair of socks!! I N-plied it because I wanted to maintain the colour striping, rather than get a barber pole pattern, so I knew that would reduce my yardage. But even so, I have a long way to go before I'm spinning yarn fine enough for socks! It doesn't help having such big feet either (size 43 European!!) Anyhow the yarn does look very pretty on the niddy noddy. It'll need a good soak and a thwacking next!

 
Tour de Fleece 2012 day 3 004

Tomorrow I hope to get back to my Sheep Heid spinning. xxx

7 comments:

Lynne said...

What a shame there isn't enough for socks, because it's lovely. And I don't know if it's just the photo, but it looks like it has little metalic bits through it.

Christine65 said...

It looks very pretty. Could you spin something else up to a similar thickness and make stripey socks? My handspun socks took approx 236m (if my measuring was correct) on a 2.75mm needle. I have size 5/38 feet and the fabric's quite dense, so you might get some short socks out of 210m.

Inthesky said...

Wow! Beautiful yarn :)

Chrissy said...

Oooo pretty! My favourite colours.

Jennyff said...

Yummy yarn cleverly acknowledging the green and yellow jerseys

Susan @ Damn, Knit & Blast It said...

ohhh yum - my kinda colours :)

Anonymous said...

well pooh. if you can't make socks at least you'll have enough for a pair of fingerless gloves perhaps?
the colors are so lovely.
-melissa