Sunday 24 March 2013

Getting up close and personal!

 
 
liebsterblogaward-large-2[1]

I've been nominated for a Liebster blog award by Sarah. The award is for a favourite blog with 200 followers or less. There are some rules to follow including:
1. I have to give 11 random facts about myself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and then think of 11 questions for the new bloggers who you pass the award on to.
 
So here are 11 random facts about me!
 
1. I am 6' and 1/2" tall.
 
2. I have passed my Grade 8 piano and flute exams.
 
3. I love old fashioned puddings with custard.

 
Cornwall May 2011 154  
 
 
4. I still have my wisdom teeth in a little pot, removed when I was a student!
 
5. I love the musical 'Blood Brothers' by Willy Russell, and even though I know how it ends, I cry every time I see it!
 
6. My favourite period of history is the Tudors.
 
7. I lived and worked in Strasbourg for 6 months while I was at University.
 
8. I love eating fish and chips on the beach at Aldeburgh in Suffolk.

 
Aldeburgh and Southwold 1st October 2011 039  
 
 
9. I enjoy visiting gardens (especially if there's a tearoom!)
 
10. I have every single birthday and Christmas card ever sent to me since the age of 11. (This is going to change soon as I plan to have a ruthless clearout over the Easter holidays!)
 
11. Next year I shall be celebrating a milestone birthday.
 
Now the questions asked by my nominator:
 
 
1. Favourite Craft? Knitting

 
2. Best ever Holiday destination? The Greek island of Kos

 
Greece 2012 189
 
 
3. If you could change something in your life what would it be? I would have studied music at university.

4. What do you do to relax? Knit!

5. Which season is your happiest and why? Summer because I hate being cold. I like being able to sit and knit in the garden.

 
6. Most recently read book and would you recommend it? The Tenko Club by Elizabeth Noble. Good as a beach read, but not great literature!

 
7. Cats or Dogs? Cats!

 
flo - basking 004


8. Yummiest food? Roast lamb with all the trimmings, followed by sticky toffee pudding and custard. Mmmmmmmm!

9. The nicest thing that anyone has ever done for you? My husband is always doing nice things - bringing me a cuppa in bed, cooking the dinner, making my packed lunches, washing up and making me laugh!

 
10. What made you start blogging? I wanted to keep a record of my knitting journey, and it has grown from there.
 


11. Do you have a secret vice and if so what is it? Not telling!!


I am not going to nominate specific blogs to receive the award as I know that some of you don't like doing this kind of thing. But if you'd like to take part and have less than 200 followers, consider yourself nominated. Here's my questions for you to ponder.
 
 
1. Are you an early morning or late night person?
2. Tea or coffee?
3. What achievement do you feel most proud of?
4. Bubble bath or shower?
5. Favourite place to get away from it all?
6. Is there any new skill you'd like to learn?
7. Favourite topping for a slice of toast?
8. Pet hate?
9. Favourite knitting designer?
10. Fondest childhood memory?
11. What's your favourite 'never fails' recipe for a quick, delicious meal?
 
Please let me know if you're taking part and I'll make sure that I pop over and read your answers! xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man! you're 3/4" taller than me!!!
-melissa

snoopydogknits said...

Gorgeous socks!!! I need to try some of this yumminess. Have a good last week. Ros x