Friday 19 July 2013

Tour de Fleece Day 21

No spinning today. Instead I have been working out the wraps per inch (wpi) of the three yarns I've spun so far. Starting with the gorgeous pink mix of Polwarth, yak and silk. That has about 19 wpi, so comes out as a laceweight yarn. I have a perfect shawl pattern lined up for it.


Tour de Fleece 2013 Day 21 003


Next, the BFL I was working on most of last week. I was surprised when I checked the wpi, because it came out as 14, which is a fingering yarn. I thought it was thicker than that when I was spinning it up. The colour changes are incredibly subtle.

 
Tour de Fleece 2013 Day 21 002


Lastly, the BFL and Ramie mix I plied yesterday. It's dry now and feels lovely and soft. That too has 14wpi, so it's fingering weight. Now if only I had double the yardage, I'd be able to knit myself some really funky socks!!

 
Tour de Fleece 2013 Day 21 001

If you've been admiring my cute sheepy spinner's WPI gauge, you can find them here! Only a couple of days left for this Tour. I'm not too sure what I'll be spinning next. I might have a little play trying to spin some art yarns. See you tomorrow! xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha! i was going to say how much i loved your wpi gauge! :)

i'm impressed at the high wpi you can get on your wheel... i do love my spindle, but my heart keeps wondering if it might just love a wheel too... that's how the trouble starts, i suppose!
-melissa