Sunday 8 November 2015

Like a child in a sweetshop!


We have been visiting family down on the south coast of England this weekend and I managed to sneak in a visit to the most amazing fabric shop, The Eternal Maker. I first discovered them at Ally Pally last month and have spent several hours drooling over their website since then. The shop was even better than I had hoped. Not only did it have a cafe where I could park Mr JK with his newspaper and a mug of coffee, but there was lots of yarn and more fabric than you could shake a stick at! I ended up buying some pink linen and floral bias binding to make an apron and a couple of skeins of yarn for Christmas gifts. I could very easily have spent a small fortune on other fabrics and when I next go to the shop, I will have a definite project in mind. Anyway, feast your eyes on this treasure trove of loveliness!


Eternal Maker (5)

Eternal Maker (4)

Eternal Maker (6)

Eternal Maker (2)

Eternal Maker (8)

Eternal Maker (3)

Eternal Maker (7)


I did manage to knit on my travels and have almost finished a pair of socks. Photos soon, I promise! I need some good light, so it will probably have to wait until next weekend. Talking of which, I am super-excited as I have been invited to go to Festiwool on Saturday. It looks like it is going to be a lovely day, and I will tell you all about it on Sunday! Have a good week! xxx

3 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Ooh! Your post definitely had me drooling! What a fantastic shop - and a cafe for husbands as well; it sounds idyllic. Have a great week. xx

alice said...

I love Eternal Maker, it's my closest fabric shop! I read your post with a smile, as I headed up from the south coast to festiwool this weekend. The day was so inspirational, even my 8 year old came home asking to learn to knit.

snoopydogknits said...

Looks amazing!!!! X