Wednesday 10 August 2016

Carousel - a Stylecraft CAL


Having recently completed my first crochet blanket, the Cosy Stripe Blanket from Attic24, I'm on the lookout for something else. I didn't join in the CAL with the Cosy Stripe Blanket but wish that I had because I think it would have helped me to finish it a LOT sooner! Seeing fellow crocheters progress from week to week is very motivating and encourages you to keep with it. When I was at Stylecraft HQ last month, I was lucky enough to get a sneak preview of Sue Pinner's latest creation - the Carousel blanket. Sue has made two versions of this blanket - one in Stylecraft Special DK and the other in Stylecraft's new Batik yarn. Sue has taken her inspiration for the blanket from fairgrounds, carousels and the circus. It is a stunning design and looks quite different in the two yarns. I love the stonewashed vintage look of the Batik version in particular. Take a look for yourself!

Here's the Special DK blanket ...


Carousel blanket Sue Pinner CAL (2)


and here's the Batik Carousel blanket ...


Carousel blanket Sue Pinner CAL (1)


Gorgeous, aren't they? The Crochet Along starts on September 13th with 6 instalments over 3 months. Stylecraft are giving away a pack of each yarn to two lucky people. All the details can be found here but you don't have long to enter! The winners will be announced on Saturday 13th August. Good luck! xxx

1 comment:

snoopydogknits said...

Loving the batik carousel blanket! Might have to give in.