In a somewhat cold and grey week, back to work after the holidays, I have been grateful for these bright spots to lift my mood. Leaving and returning to the house in the dark each day, I am looking forward to the days getting longer so I can get outside a bit more.
1. A bunch of tulips from the supermarket, bringing a splash of colour to the kitchen.
2. Receiving some bags from my friend Michele, made to go with the wonderful blankets that continue to hug me daily. The fabric has a rather mischievous black cat on, so is perfect! And naturally Flo had to test drive the tote bag! The parcel had been sitting at the post office since before Christmas but they hadn't let me know it was there. Thank goodness it hadn't gone astray!
3. Receiving a mystery parcel from The Loopy Ewe in the USA. I had been nominated to receive a box of Loopy Love by at least two of my American knitting friends. It was a complete shock and such a lovely surprise. There were four gorgeous skeins of yarn - three from Blue Moon Fiber Arts and one from Malabrigo - some stitch markers, a bag tag and some pattern cards. Yet again, the knitting community shows how amazing it is.
4. Finally finishing off some secret knitting and pattern writing. I hope to be able to tell you more very soon, but for now, my lips are sealed!
5. Enjoying mashed avocado on toast. I am seriously addicted to it! Homemade granary toast is my favourite, although I am quite partial to Tesco's cornbread too. I can't believe it's taken me so many years to discover just how good avocados taste!
6. Volunteering at the local Parkrun. I've been doing this for just over a year now and I enjoy the company on a Saturday morning.
I hope you've had some bright spots in your week too. Before I go, I must just tell you about a fabulous giveaway that one of my fellow Stylecraft Blogstars is running at the moment. If you head over to Sarah's blog - Annaboo's House - you can find out all the details. Who couldn't do with a little yarny pick me up at this time of year?! xxx