Sunday 8 January 2017

Bright spots


In a somewhat cold and grey week, back to work after the holidays, I have been grateful for these bright spots to lift my mood. Leaving and returning to the house in the dark each day, I am looking forward to the days getting longer so I can get outside a bit more.


1. A bunch of tulips from the supermarket, bringing a splash of colour to the kitchen. 




2. Receiving some bags from my friend Michele, made to go with the wonderful blankets that continue to hug me daily. The fabric has a rather mischievous black cat on, so is perfect! And naturally Flo had to test drive the tote bag! The parcel had been sitting at the post office since before Christmas but they hadn't let me know it was there. Thank goodness it hadn't gone astray!





3. Receiving a mystery parcel from The Loopy Ewe in the USA. I had been nominated to receive a box of Loopy Love by at least two of my American knitting friends. It was a complete shock and such a lovely surprise. There were four gorgeous skeins of yarn - three from Blue Moon Fiber Arts and one from Malabrigo - some stitch markers, a bag tag and some pattern cards. Yet again, the knitting community shows how amazing it is. 





4. Finally finishing off some secret knitting and pattern writing. I hope to be able to tell you more very soon, but for now, my lips are sealed! 




5. Enjoying mashed avocado on toast. I am seriously addicted to it! Homemade granary toast is my favourite, although I am quite partial to Tesco's cornbread too. I can't believe it's taken me so many years to discover just how good avocados taste!




6. Volunteering at  the local Parkrun. I've been doing this for just over a year now and I enjoy the company on a Saturday morning. 




I hope you've had some bright spots in your week too. Before I go, I must just tell you about a fabulous giveaway that one of my fellow Stylecraft Blogstars is running at the moment. If you head over to Sarah's blog - Annaboo's House - you can find out all the details. Who couldn't do with a little yarny pick me up at this time of year?! xxx




11 comments:

Clicky Needles said...

Love those tulips and what wonderful parcels.
CN x

kjsutcliffe said...

What a bright spot those tulips bring, such beautiful jewel colours. Your parcels are so thoughtful given, there are some very kind people in the world X sending hugs and a tickle for Flo x

Lynne said...

Good old Flo! She must have thought the bag required further investigation. Love the tulips, the colours are gorgeous.

snoopydogknits said...

Some much needed colour and brightness! Love those bags! Ros x

busybusybeejay said...

just what is needed ,lots of colour,at this time of the year.Seeing photos of Flo so makes me want to get another cat.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Oh that was a very sweet package you received! Love the bright, cheery tulips!

Una said...

I love tulips but they don't love my soil for some reason. My daffs are a lot slower this year than last year as well.

VeggieMummy said...

Oh goody, tulips are back. Yours look fabulous and very cheering. Love the yarn and bags and Flo looks so sweet investigating them. Have a good start to the new term. xx

TT in MD said...

love tulips for the dark days of winter!

Jo said...

Lots of wonderful bright spots in your week. I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Mr JK, it sounds like you've got lots of good friends if those lovely parcels are anything to go by. You make the avocado look very appetising even though it's one of the few foods I just can't stand.

Christine65 said...

Tulips are always so cheery, aren't they. How lovely for you to receive the box from the Loopy Ewe and the bags - thoroughly deserved though.