Sunday 19 November 2017

And then there was some knitting (and sewing!)


Evening! Thanks for calling in. I wouldn't get too close if I were you though as I have a filthy cough and cold and I'd hate to pass on my lurgy to you. So please retreat to a safe distance and I'll chat with you from here. I hope you don't mind the faint aroma of Vicks Vapour Rub too! It was only a matter of time before I succumbed to the germs circulating around school, but I'm hoping that this means I won't get another cold this side of Christmas (which is scarily only 5 weeks away! How did that happen?!)

Since I've mentioned Christmas, let me share with you the bunting that I've made so far. It's from a printed panel and is a lovely Scandinavian design. Here's the whole panel - there are 33 flags in total and I chose to pick out all the grey ones and some red to make two strings for some friends. 












I'm really pleased with how it looks. I have backed each flag with red sheeting to get maximum use from the printed flags. I'll be making more over the coming weeks, both for myself and as presents. 

And even more excitement, I have finished a pair of socks and am not too far off finishing another pair. Woohoo! My 'Running for Rowley' socks, begun when I travelled up to Tyneside for the Great North Run, and also knit on in Yorkshire and Amsterdam, are done and dusted! The yarn was a ball that Mr JK bought for me in Delft and I love the marled rainbow effect. These socks are going to get lots of love...







My Squeezebox socks will soon be done - they'll be my knitting project after dinner this evening. The yarn is a Debbie Bliss sock yarn and I'm a little worried that it might felt.The colours are lovely so I will have to be careful about how I wash them. They look like they're matching up pretty well - I'm sure that was completely by chance as I usually don't bother with that kind of thing!





I received a rather lovely squishy parcel from Stylecraft this week. They have just added some new yarns to their Batik range - Batik Swirl. I was actually at the mill last Easter when they were putting together various colour possibilities so it's exciting to see the end product. Each yarn cake is 200g and contains a number of colours from the Batik range. 




I have three cakes of Foxglove and I really like how the colours blend so well together. Batik is a great yarn to work with, the 20% wool gives it a very cosy and cushy feel. I'm pondering what my yarn might become and also whether I might add in some extra colours if I decide on a blanket. What do you think?







I will love you and leave you now as I'm actually feeling pretty ropy and ready to crash out on the sofa for the evening. Don't forget to enter my November giveaway here to be in with a chance of winning some festive stitch markers! xxx

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Your bunting looks brilliant, as do your socks. Love the new yarn, can't go wrong with purple!

VeggieMummy said...

I love your bunting - there'll be some very happy recipients at Christmas. Your socks look super cosy - just the thing when you're feeling under the weather. Have a hot toddy, a cuddle with Flo and an early night. Hope you feel better soon. xx

Christi said...

Your bunting looks fabulous, the panels were a great find! Love, love your Running for Rowley socks, the colors are lovely. You've made some great progress on your projects. I hope you are feeling better soon and no more colds this season!

Take care,
Kim in Canada xx

Cindy said...

Your bunting is so festive and fun! I love it. And your socks are colorful and warm looking- good job! Today is Thanksgiving Day for us- I am thankful for you and your examples of strength and courage. And I am thankful for your blog ; always so interesting and honest and filled with wonderful pictures.