Sunday 14 October 2018

Blanket games


Meow humans, it's Flo here today. Do you want to know a secret? Well Mum thinks that I have taken a dislike to her latest blanket! But I'm just having a little bit of fun, lulling her into a false sense of security and then, when the moment is right, I shall take rightful possession of the Harmony blanket! I've done everything possible to convince her that I don't like it, not one little bit! Usually, when there's anything woolly around, I'm first on it and in my book, possession means everything! But I've been playing it very cool around this blanket so far. 


One strip wide - not even worth a sniff!



Two strips done - nope! Not interested!



Three strips joined - boring! Zzzzzzzzzzz!



Four strips - that's more like it but I'm playing it cool!



Five strips - looking more like a blankie but I must resist the temptation to try it out! Tee hee!



Six strips finished - I'm going to look out of the window to pretend I'm not interested!



I've even taken yarn out of the project bag and had a play with it, chewing the end to make it all fluffy! Mum was not best pleased when she saw that and had to cut the yarn!  Ooops!







I also looked at the pattern to see what colour yarn she needed next and hid that ball behind the sofa! A stroke of genius if I do say so myself! 



Of course, when Mum's not been looking, I've tested it out for squishiness and snuggability and it gets a definite paws up from me!



She's joining strip seven on now so I shall have to feign disinterest when it's laid out on the floor for a photo. It is getting so hard to resist setting paws on it. But as soon as it's finished, I shall be plonking myself squarely in the middle! Just you wait and see. Meow meow meow! xx



6 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Hi Flo! I can see why you have your eye on the blanket - it's looking beautiful. Remember though - timing is everything, and possession is 9/10 of the law! Sending love and nose whiffles, Hamish. xx

weavinfool said...

So you’re playing the looooong game. I don’t have the patience for that myself. Are you shedding on it yet or playing it cool? It certainly is very pretty and you will look fabulous on it when you finally make your move. Keeping your mom occupied by hiding yarn balls is genius. Keep distracting her and then make your move! I hope she is feeling better. I also hope you let her use it sometimes. Sharing is good for cuddles.
Pandora

sewjourner said...

Adorable post!! Hope you are feeling well!

Lynne said...

Oh Flo!!! You're such a rascal!! Especially hiding the yarn behind the sofa! :)

Christi said...

Flo is a very clever girl and entertaining as well! I'm sure she will love the blanket when it is completed and will take possession of it very quickly :) I hope you are feeling well, Helen.

Kim from Canada

mrsplumber said...

Love your Flo kitty is rather like my Tabby Girl when it comes to crocheted blankets!
Hope your medical news is good, praying for good news!
Enjoying your blog, I too have several Attic 24 projects to work on, currently Woking on hydrangea stripe using her original Attic 24 pack.