Saturday 24 November 2018

Itty Bitty baby socks


The photoshoot for my baby socks went ahead and I very quickly discovered that babies don't keep their feet still for a second! Baby Eliza was gorgeous and did the very best she could. I was more interested in checking out the size and fit really, as well as getting some photos on a real live baby rather than my cardboard baby foot!! 




I used oddments of Stylecraft yarns Head over Heels to make the socks. They should fit a baby foot 3-6 months approximately. I had enough yarn left over from an adult pair to easily make a baby pair, so now you and your little one can have matching toes!

Baby Kali Kardia comes in a chequerboard and ribbed design. Here's the chequerboard version...






And here's the ribbed version ...






The patterns are available free from my Ravelry store here

Very First Tracks has a simple ribbed pattern, nice and stretchy to accommodate growing feet.






You can download Very First Tracks for free from my Ravelry store here

I hope you like them. Do let me know if you knit a pair. I'll be back tomorrow to share what else I've been up to this week. xxx

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Helen, these are adorable. I love them.

Christi said...

These are so very cute, well done! They look wonderful on your tiny foot model :)

Hugs,
Kim from Canada

VeggieMummy said...

Lovely patterns, Helen; so cute! I wish that I had been able to knit socks when my 2 were babies. It takes a bit longer to knit for them now! xx

Lynne said...

These are so cute!!!!