Sunday 3 February 2019

Linen stitch scarf ta-dah!


There is definitely something to be said for (almost) monogamous crafting. I have been working on my Attic24 Sweet Pea blanket and my linen stitch crochet scarf over the last week and great progress has been made on both. I have only four more colour stripes before I've finished part 5 of the CAL (part 6 comes out on Friday) and my miniskein scarf from my Twelve Days of Christmas treat is done!








I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It's not long enough to wrap around my neck more than once, but it ties quite nicely and is super-soft and cosy. If I had made it any longer, then it would have been too narrow. I made a fringe out of the ends by knotting them together and trimming. Much better than having to weave them all in! If I was going to make another one, I would crochet my starting chain on a slightly smaller hook as that edge is a little bit wavy so obviously needed to be a little tighter. I haven't blocked it yet because it's been chilly enough to want to wear it IMMEDIATELY, but a bit of vigorous blocking might remedy things a little. I love the effect of the linen stitch and am contemplating crocheting a temperature blanket now. I can imagine Mr JK smiling at me, and asking if we really need another blanket! He used to say the same thing about cushions each time I made a new one, and my answer was that you could never have too many cushions. I think it's the same about blankets too, don't you?! xxx

6 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Definitely - my husband is the same, though I did discover him wrapped up in one of our crocheted blankets on the sofa when it was snowing; I thought it best not to comment! Your scarf is gorgeous and turning all the loose ends into a fringe is inspired. Can't wait to see your finished blanket too. xx

Jennyff said...

Lovely scarf, neck wear is my weakness. Socks and gloves I knit and gift but usually scarves and cowls are mine all mine. I’m sure Flo confirms the need for more blankets.

DebbyMc said...

Beautiful, Helen! And it will go with ANYthing!

Christi said...

The scarf is lovely, such a good idea for the mini skeins! I really like the colors, the person who gifted them to you made good choices. I don't think you can ever have too many blankets, looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Take care,
Kim from Canada

Retired Knitter said...

I love the look of the scarf. I am a knitter, and didn't realize that crochet had a Linen stitch too. Very nice.

Lynne said...

I love it!!