Tuesday 26 February 2019

Sweet Pea Ta-Dah!


Since the beginning of the year, I have been joining in with Attic24's Sweet Pea CAL. Lucy has designed a blanket for some years now, releasing the pattern week by week, and crocheters around the world are able to join in and share their hooky love. This is the first time I've joined in and I have to say that I absolutely loved it. I managed to keep up with the crochet each week and dealt with the ends as I went along. (So, so happy that I've changed my thinking on ends as I used to leave them all to the very end of the project!) From getting the yarn (Stylecraft Special DK which is THE PERFECT YARN for blankets) and making a colour card to starting the very first row, from wrestling the blanket from Flo's clutches as I tried to crochet with her on my lap to hooking the final stitches on the border, the whole process has been an absolute pleasure. I love Sweet Peas; they remind me of my uncle who used to grow absolutely magnificent blooms in all the rich deep colours in this blanket. The sweet, heady scent is simply summer to me. Here's a glimpse of my Sweet Pea journey. Enjoy! xxx

























8 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

Your blanket looks fabulous.I wish I had done that colourway.

MarshIsleFiberArts said...

Very pretty - Flo adds that bit of black that makes the colors really pop! Makes me wish I could crochet.

Helsie said...

You've done a great job. Lovely.

Jennyff said...

Beautiful, another one for Flo's collection.

VeggieMummy said...

Absolutely stunning. But I think we all know who the blanket really belongs to! :0) xx

J Lucy said...

The blanket and Flo are both beautiful! Well done to you both; I can see from the photos that Flo helped a LOT!

Lynne said...

The afghan came out just lovely. Your cat is both precious and beautiful.You can see how she really loves you. You take good care of yourself. I like Lucy's Blog too! Can't wait to see what your going to be doing next!! ox

Lynne said...

This is amazing!! I love the colours so much, and it's got the Flo seal of approval.