Thursday 14 March 2019

Perfect springtime socks




I am delighted to be able to tell you that my 'Tiptoe' sock pattern is now available to download for free from the Stylecraft website. You can find the pattern here.

The Head over Heels All Stars range of yarn was created by some of the Stylecraft Blogstars. We each came up with a range of colours inspired by one of David Hockney's works of art. Then the colourways were put to the public vote and the six most popular, as chosen by you, were turned into actual balls of yarn! My colourway, as shown above, was inspired by the colours in his work 'The Arrival of Spring in Woldgate' which was a series of iPad drawings.





If you've not tried Head over Heels All Stars before, you really ought to give it a go. It's 75% superwash wool and 25% nylon. It's not only perfect for socks, but is soft enough for shawls and baby items too. There are 6 colours in the range - 3 self-striping and 3 ombre. 






I hope you enjoy making my 'Tiptoe' socks. Please share photos on Facebook and Instagram and tag me in so I can see them. xxx

5 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Your socks are beautiful; so neat and colourful. I love your yarn and the picture that inspired it too. Your socks look so neat. I've just finished my Christmas Eve cast on (it's taken me a while!) and because it was self striping yarn, I did a fish lips kiss heel. I really need to work out how to manage that without it leaving little holes that need closing later. Thank you for the free pattern. xx

Deborah said...

Those are beautiful socks, and I really like the lace pattern.

Lynne said...

What a pretty pattern. you've got quite a mind. I know it takes awhile to figure out a pattern, so it works out right! The yarn is gorgeous, great colors. Hope your feeling better. The weather here on Cape Cod , Mass is starting to warm up a little. Spring will be here in a few days. Hopefully that will brighten you up. Take Care!

Catherine said...

I’ve saved the pattern straight away. It is really pretty and I’m always on the lookout for new sock designs. I’ve not tried the yarn and maybewill give it a go as the colours are gorgeous.

Bonnie Boo said...

Those are absolutely beautiful socks, i’m Not a knitter ,more into crochet and i’ve Never made socks but I’m definitely going to give it a go after seeing these 💐