Sunday 15 November 2020

A severe case of sockitis!



I need help! I think I have a bad case of sockitis! I was going through my WIPs, trying to prioritise, and found six sock projects, as shown above. And no, I haven't miscounted, because after finding those six, I cast on a seventh. See, I told you it was bad! Let me show you the symptoms...

Symptom 1 - Halloween socks


Now these were socks I started in October using the Spooky Speckle sock set from Stripey Cat Yarns. I decided after much procrastination that I would knit the entire skein of yarn to make one mahoosive sock tube and then split it into four to make two pairs of socks - one for me and the other for my friend Julia. 




Symptom 2 - It's Seagull o'clock socks


These were the pair that I cast on yesterday evening! The main yarn is from Burrow & Soar and I'd used the exact same skein as a prize in my Fibre 4 Fibre giveaways. Jane, who was the winner, told me that she'd posted a finished photo on Ravelry of the socks she'd knitted and they were so beautiful that I had to cast on a pair of me. (You can see Jane's socks here - warning, it's a link to Ravelry.) Jane very kindly sent me the leftover yarn from the miniskeins that she'd used for the contrast cuff, heel and toe, so we will be sock twins! The pattern is my own design and you can buy it here from Ravelry if you're interested. 




Symptom 3 - Head over Heels Splash! socks


This is a pair of socks that I'm knitting for my rheumatology consultant. I gave her a pair last Christmas and she mentioned to me that she had been wearing them, so I thought I'd knit her another pair. I've finished the first sock and am not far off the heel flap on the second. The yarn is from the Head over Heels All Stars range; it's being discontinued but you can still find it at the Wool Warehouse. Your local yarn shop may well stock it too.




Symptom 4 - Opal pink stripy socks


These socks have been on my needles for some time. I always like to have a plain vanilla pair or two on the go, they are perfect for some mindless knitting. I got the yarn from Suffolk Socks. Julie always has a great selection of Opal yarn. I'm decreasing the gusset on the first sock, so still a way to go before these will be on my feet! 




Symptoms 5-7


These are all secret socks so I can't show you them right now! One is for a knitting magazine, another is using a new yarn from Stylecraft and the third is a new design I'm working on using miniskeins that I'd hoped to be able to release in time for Advent, but will now be for Advent 2021!




So there you have it - a severe case of sockitis. I think it might be contagious! I'm not sure if there's a cure, but if you have any ideas, please do let me know! xxx

2 comments:

Jane Winter said...

Ha, ha, ha! I always wondered what you did with so many project bags; now I know. I love how each bag tones with the socks that you have in them. I look forward to seeing the finished socks; especially the Seagulls.

Best wishe

Jane

VeggieMummy said...

That's a lot of socks! You have some wonderful yarn and very cute project bags. Happy knitting. xx