Sunday 30 October 2022

Bubbly sweater




I have another knit ticked off my WIPs list - the Bubbly sweater. (Ravelry link) This is a design by Isabell Kraemer and I can say with absolute certainty that I will be knitting more of her patterns. I used some Rowan Felted Tweed yarn that had been in my stash for ages (I think it was a John Lewis sale bargain) and I bought a ball of Felted Tweed in Sulphur to give me a contrast for the colourwork. I also used the yellow to give a little contrast on the edge of the ribbing and am pleased with the effect. This was my first proper go at colourwork and I am so happy with how it turned out. I was able to hold the yarns one in each hand so that the yarns didn't get too twisted up. I want to knit more colourwork now and also fancy trying to design some colourwork socks. The most accurate photo for the colours is the one immediately below, the closeup of the colourwork pattern. I still have lots of WIPs to finish before I can start anything new though! I'm back at the hospital all next week for my next round of infusions so am hoping that the cannula gods will be kind and I can knit my way through the week. Wish me luck! xxx










 

5 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

I love that,the colours,the pattern.Hope next week goes well.Barbarax

VeggieMummy said...

Oh, I love this sweater. The colours that you chose are wonderful and the touch of sulphur round the ribbing finishes it off beautifully. Well done you. I think I might add this one to my Ravelry queue! :O) xx

Jane Winter said...

Great knitting, as always, Helen and a lovely finished garment. Good luck with the canula!

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Your colourwork is so neat, I love the bright yellow!

Jennyff said...

That is so nice, love the colours. I am thinking of knitting myself a jumper when I get back to Yorkshire and once I clear this backlog of two unfinished projects. Hope the time in hospital went well, take care xx