Monday 22 May 2023

Flower Patch socks



I'm delighted to be able to share my new sock pattern with you. It's the first time I've really felt like doing any designing for several months and it feels great! I was inspired by a beautiful sock set that was dyed by Hayley who owns Ducky Darlings. She dyed lots of yarn in the colourway 'Once and Floral' as a charity yarn for the Flower Power Fund which raises money for Marie Curie UK. I decided to offer my pattern to the FP Fund too, so that all proceeds will be donated. It's such a worthwhile charity.  




The sock is knitted from the cuff down, and features a lace and garter stitch stitch pattern. I used a short-row heel but if you're an experienced sock knitter and prefer a heel flap and gusset, you could easily do that instead. The pattern works well with both variegated and semi-solid and speckled yarns. I've already started my second pair and used a sock set dyed by my friend Helena in the 'Summer Meadows' colourway, and I've posted a couple of photos of that sock. I have yarn in mind for a third pair too! 





The pattern is available on Ravelry for £4 and all the proceeds from the sale of every single pattern will be donated to Marie Curie UK for ever! If you'd like to buy a copy or gift a copy to a friend, you can find the pattern here. If you are unable to use Ravelry, please send me a message on josiekitten123 at gmail dot com and I will do my best to help you!






You can buy the special 'Once and Floral' skeins from Ducky Darlings until the end of May, so you only have ten days left to get your order in. I bought a sock set in superwash merino/nylon which came as a 100g skein of the main colour and three contrasting 10g miniskeins. Hayley has several options to choose from so take a look here!




If you knit a pair of Flower Patch socks, I'd love to see them, so please tag me in on social media when you post a photo! xxx




 

1 comment:

Jane Winter said...

That's a lovely pattern Helen; considered it sold!