Sunday 14 September 2008

Knitting and Rock 'n' Roll

We decided yesterday on the spur of the moment to go to an outdoor festival. It was run by Breckland council to celebrate the handover of the Olympics, and the headline acts were Showaddywaddy, Hot Chocolate and Suzi Quatro! Mr Josiekitten is a relic of the 70's! Resisting the temptation to pack up a 70's style picnic (luncheon meat sandwiches on white cotton wool bread, Mr Kipling battenburg and French Fondant Fancies, and Corona lemonade), we got there in plenty of time to get ourselves a good view of the stage. The crowds arrived and the ground filled up, although we noticed that there was plenty of space by me! Why? Well, dear reader, I have discovered the perfect solution to getting enough personal space at an event such as this. Sit there and knit! I was knitting my pink Wavy scarf, and it seems that no-one wanted to sit close to the mad woman with the knitting needles, just in case anyone else thought they were with said knitter and knew them! All around crowds were packed together, as can be seen from the picture.However, notice the rather large expanse of empty grass by me!


I must try out this tactic when I go to the beach! The concert was great, although some of the performers were a little past their best! We drove home with our ears ringing, belting out Can the Can! I can't believe Suzi Q is 58! What a woman. I hope I look as good as she does when I get to that age. Rock on Suzi!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm so using that tactic next time I want a bit of personal space in a crowd. :-D I thought breastfeeding in public was a good way to get people to avoid you, but this is even better... ;-)