Wednesday 13 January 2010

One letter makes a big difference!

Hello there! I hope you're managing to keep warm during all this cold weather. Our woodburner is keeping the living room toasty warm, and so Mr Josiekitten and I are spending our evenings snuggled in there, with Henrycat of course! I had an extra day at home this week, not because of a 'snow' day, but a 'snot' day!! I woke up on Monday morning with a sore throat, and by the end of the day, I had a streaming cold. I felt so grotty on Tuesday, that I decided it would be better if I stayed home. Henrycat thought it was marvellous, and settled down with me for a duvet day! I didn't even feel much like knitting! (shock, horror!) Anyway, I was on a course today, and I'm back at school tomorrow, armed with a box of tissues and some lemsips!
Remember the 'must-do' project I told you about last time? Well, I've finished the first wrist warmer, and all being well, will get its partner done by the weekend. I love the pattern. It's called Rose's Wrist Warmers, and apparently is connected with Doctor Who, as the character Rose (played by Billie Piper I think) wore a pair like them in one episode (or maybe series - I don't know as I'm not a Doctor Who-ite!) I'm using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK and it feels very luxurious.

cosy wrists WIP 002

I've also started a pair of socks for my friend Charlotte. I re-knitted a pair for her recently, and she loved them, so these will be for her birthday in February. Just a plain vanilla pair, in a Trekking yarn. I love the purples and blues, and am interested to see how the colours will work out.

Charlotte's birthday socks

Crochet is high on the agenda this year, so I was delighted to see that on the Phoenix Knitting Forums, there's a 'crochet-along' just starting to make an Attic24 -inspired Ripple blanket. So far, all I've done is my test piece, to check out the pattern, and I amazed myself by ending up in the right place at the right time, with the right number of stitches!

Ripple practise 1 001

I'm going to use some yarn that I bought in France last year. It's a mix of bamboo and wool, and feels lovely and soft. Just perfect for a blankie! I love the colours of the yarn. They remind me of the sea!

Nantes yarn haul 019

I'm off to get on with a bit of hooky business now. Pop back soon. It'll be my 100th post and there'll be something yarny on offer for one lucky reader! Byeeeee! (Atchoooooooo!!!)

5 comments:

Pearlesyarn said...

Your blankie yarns look lovely, fab colour choices. I'm looking forward to seeing your blankie in progress.
Best wishes,
Em:-)

M.E. Greene said...

You are busy busy with lovely things, as usual. Those wrist warmers are gorgeous!

snoopydogknits said...

Your wristwarmers are llooking great. I love the colour and the cabling. Nice sock yarn too!!!! The more ripply pics I see, the more I want to start my blanket, but I am determined to finish my other bits and pieces. Hoping you're feeling better. Have a good weekend. xx

Jennyff said...

Those wristwarmers are brilliant. I knitted them a while ago with a ball of gorgeous alpaca I'd been given. They came out a bit small but having seen yours I'm inspired to make them again.

melissa said...

wristwarmers look fantastic and i'm excited about your blankie - how fun!!