I finished my cushion this week. Last November, I spun up a braid of rainbow Corriedale fibre from Woolfest. The fibre, from EasyKnits, was one of my few purchases there. The colours just called out to me; I don't know what it is about rainbow colours. They get me every time!
I knew that I wanted it to be a cushion, so started knitting a panel based on a knitspot pattern. Although I loved how it looked, it was much too small to be a usable cushion. See for yourself.
So into the frogging pond it went while I began the search for something else. I had favourited these socks on Ravelry some time earlier - I like the contrast of the black with the bright colours. The cogs starting whirring in my head as I thought about how I could use this idea with my yarn. I had a skein of Malabrigo worsted yarn in black, left over from a football scarf for Mr JK. The Wurm pattern was another pattern I liked, and so I used it to cast on. Initially I thought about knitting a cheerful cowl, but changed my mind part way through and went back to the original cushion plan. You can read more about the changes I made as I went along on my project page if you're interested. I used some bright buttons to close the flap and I have to say that I am really pleased with how it turned out. It has given my the idea of perhaps using some of my other handspun yarn to knit cushion covers too.
I put it on the floor to take some more photos. Big. Mistake!
Sigh! What's mine is Flo's, I guess! At least I know it's nice and squishy! Pop back soon for some more finished knitting! xxx