Monday 30 November 2015

Now where was I?


Back again, still with a dodgy internet connection. Most annoying! But I shall do my best to update you with some of the bits and bobs I have been working on over the past week. Mr JK's Norwich City stripy socks have grown a little, although not as much as I had hoped. The yarn isn't quite making it a complete round before changing colour, so I have a flash of green spiralling around the sock. Mr JK says he doesn't mind, which is just as well! 


Canaries socks WIP (1)


Now I bet that you are thinking that I'd been seduced by my sparkly rainbow yarn and had cast on a sock for myself aren't you?! Well, you'd be wrong! There's another project that has been distracting me - a Cosy crocheted blanket. There's just something about this time of year that has me yearning for snuggly blankets to cosy up under on the sofa while watching an old film. Snoopydog gave me the yarn for my birthday last year and this week I had the urge to get hooking! I've done a few stripes so far. The pattern is dead easy to memorise and I'm hoping to get at least one colour stripe a day done. You can see how it looked yesterday afternoon, before a couple more colours got added. (And yes, that is Flo in the bottom left of the picture!)


my crafting space (5)


There are some really wonderful crochet blankets around at the moment. I love all of Lucy's over at Attic24. Lucy uses  Stylecraft Special DK yarn a lot for her blankets, and it is fabulous to work with. Soft, hard wearing and washable, as well as being available in more than 70 colours! In fact, the limited edition colour pack of yarns that I used for my Ripple Stitch Cushion has proved so popular that all 10 colours have been added to the range permanently. Stylecraft actually has some rather nice blankets on its website here too. There just aren't enough hours in the day to make all the lovely things I keep spotting! Roll on retirement! 

You can also see a cowl that I've been working on in blues and grey. It just needs grafting together and the ends sewing in, but I need good light for that. Perhaps next weekend?! Mr JK did manage to take some photos of the socks I finished a while back. I need to tweak the pattern and hopefully publish it before Christmas. So just a taster of the sock for now to whet your appetite!


Kali Kardia in blue (10)


December 1st tomorrow and Flo is very excited about that. I think she might want to tell you all about it herself, so I won't steal her thunder! xxx

2 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

I love the stripy socks;I really must get around to knitting a pair one of these days - I have the yarn all ready to go, but finding the time between other projects is proving tricky. Your cosy stripe blanket is fantastic too - I had already earmarked that as my next one to make when my Dorset ripple is finally finished. Happy December to Flo! xx

knittingsandwich said...

oh you! i've already gone to add that afghan pattern to my ravelry queue!
yours is looking gorgeous! (love the peep of flo! glad she's keeping an eye on things!)
as are your socks!
-melissa