Sunday 13 December 2015

And so it continues ...


Advent week 3 (1)


It's been non-stop all week, with rehearsals, two concerts, a birthday to celebrate and lots more besides. Yesterday I went to a class at The Makeplace to learn the basics of foundation paper piecing and it was a little haven of relaxation amongst all the hustle and bustle of the week. I made one festive coaster and have patterns to make three more. Flo has already sat on it and declared it too small for a cat blanket!


Christmas coasters (48)


These are the four examples that had been prepared to inspire us. I rather like the Santa and will probably try that one next.


Christmas coasters (1)


I've finished the first colour repeat on the Cosy blanket; it really is very lovely and I plan on working on it over the holidays to see how much more I can get done. I'm ignoring all those ends for now until I find a really neat way of hiding them.


Cosy blanket WIP part 1 done (3)


Once I'd finished the using all the colours, I wound some wooden pegs with each yarn and added them to my collection of Stylecraft Special DK samples. I'd like to make another blanket some time and these little pegs provide an ideal way to play around with the colours. 


Stylecraft pegs fun


I started my collection with the Limited Edition yarn pack when I designed my Ripple Stitch cushion earlier in the year. Talking of which, there have been just over 950 downloads of the pattern so far. I cannot believe it! It would be amazing to hit the 1000 mark. If you're interested, you can find the pattern here. You can use any combination of colours you like. Sarah has knitted hers using different blues and very kindly agreed to let me share her project with you. Isn't it lovely?






Mr JK's socks have made it to the heel flap, so still have a long way to go, just like Norwich City themselves! They are very bright so I imagine they will be 'weekend only' socks!


Mr JK's Canaries sock WIP


Flo is in disgrace for knocking over my Mum's Christmas tree when she was having a mad five minutes dashing around the house and also for pilfering decorations from the other tree. Mr JK has rescued a couple of knitted stockings and she also seems to have taken a fancy to one angel in particular! Hmmmmmmmm!

I shall leave you with a couple of photos of our mantelpiece. I love it when the candles are lit and the soft light illuminates all our special things. Have a good week, hope it's not too busy. xxx


feeling Christmassy (3)

feeling Christmassy (2)

feeling Christmassy (1)

6 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Your mantle is very festive, haven't gotten in the mood to decorate this year.....and bad Flo...I love the Santa mat! Can't wait to see your finished version.

VeggieMummy said...

I love those festive coasters - so gorgeous. Your cosy blanket is looking great too. I've just downloaded the pattern for your cushion - I'll add it to my ever growing 'to do' pile - maybe by the end of 2016?! Have a great week. xx

Unknown said...

We haven't put up any decorations yet. Our newest cat (Danny) shows signs of being very interested in anything hanging, shiny, rattling or, let's face it, anything he thinks could be a toy. He's also managed to singe his tummy fur and some whiskers after deciding to sniff a couple of candles. Honestly! He's worse than the kids.

knittingsandwich said...

oh flo... at least she decided your coaster was too small for a kitty mat :)
when are you done for winter break? hopefully soon, it sounds like you're super busy!
lily goes to school up through the 22nd. i really wish this friday was her last day... oh well!

your mantle is beautiful - you're inspiring me to post some pictures of our mantel as well!
-melissa

eclectichomelife said...

Lovely post. think your cosy cal coming along brilliantly. I must admit when I made mine last year after every ten or so rows I tackled the ends otherwise I think I would have found it too daunting. Love he ripple cushion and may just give that a go myself in the new year.

Lynne said...

I love the coasters, the Santa is brilliant and your decorations are lovely.