Sunday 10 July 2016

Tour de Fleece Day 9


Although I have a gazillion things to do today, I couldn't resist the lure of the spinning wheel this morning. Navajo plying is a very restful process, and with the door open to the garden, I whiled away half an hour, mulling over the events of yesterday. (You'll have to come back tomorrow when I'll tell you all about it!) I'm using my homemade tensioned Lazy Kate which really does work incredibly well. The bobbin spins far more slowly than when I use the Lazy  Kate that is part of my wheel, so I can control the amount of single that's being unwound. That way, it doesn't ping back on itself and start plying in lots of little pigtails! If you want to learn how to N-ply, then this video is fabulous. Sarah makes it look effortless. I can't tell you the number of times I watched this when I was first starting out. Tomorrow is a rest day on the Tour, so I shall use it to catch up with my knitting and perhaps pick out my next fibre for spinning. xxx

PS Bonus points if you spotted Flo flaked out on the table in the garden!




TDF day 9 (2)

TDF day 9 (1)

2 comments:

snoopydogknits said...

Love the look of the yarn! So pretty! xx

Jennyff said...

Day 9 of the Tour and Flo looks exhausted, let's hope she makes the most of rest day and comes back even stronger, you too.