Sunday 18 June 2017

Another quilt!


Hello, have you been enjoying the sunshine? It's a bit hot to do much, but quite nice if you're just planning on being lazy! I've been down in Portsmouth this weekend. Apart from catching up with some family, I took another sewing class at the totally fabulous Sew Creative in Petersfield. It was another 'quilt in a day' class, this time making triangles. I'd been chatting with Jo, the owner, over the internet, and told her the kind of colours and style I was looking for and she picked out some stunning prints for me. I have a little bit of quilting still to do, but of course it hasn't stopped Flo from making herself comfortable on it already! 








The shop is amazing; Jo is always thinking of different classes and fun things for her customers. I wish I lived nearer, although my bank balance would not be so healthy! I talked with Sharon, the class tutor, about a project I hope to work on over the summer too. I have kept Mr JK's shirts and want to make a quilt from them. Watch this space! 

My stripy socks have sat untouched almost all week because I have a couple of secret projects underway. That means I can't share with you for now, so sorry about that. But I have to say that I am loving what's currently on my needles - I just hope it ends up as I imagine! 

I've kept up with my #onehouroutside again this week so here are my offerings from the last 7 days...



June 12th - a spot of al fresco sock knitting



June 13th - Flo heading to the bench for some grooming



June 14th - a cat and a cuppa in the garden



June 15th - Mr JK's tree



June 16th - the view from Portsdown Hill, overlooking Portsmouth



June 17th - Spinnaker Tower, Portsmouth



June 18th - early morning on Southsea seafront


You still have almost two weeks left to enter June's Pay it Forward giveaway to win these great goodies - details of how to enter here. Thanks for dropping in and see you again soon. xxx



4 comments:

Sarah Knits said...

I love the patterns and colours of your new quilt, very pretty and obviously perfect for Flo :)

Lynne said...

Your quilt is fabulous, and I like to think of Flo's input as quality control.

snoopydogknits said...

The quilt is really lovely! Nice to see that Flo thinks so too! :-) xx

Emma Joyner said...

Gorgeous quilt, I'm starting a sampler quilt on Wednesday and have seen so many different styles and patterns of fabrics that I like and would like to use next lol! Not sure it will match my wool or fibre stash though.. (yet!)