Sunday 27 May 2018

Little steps


By the time you read this, I should be in Greece. Mr JK and I loved going to Kos; it felt like our second home. We went back to the same little village every year and it was just like going home. I couldn't face going back there last summer but have decided to be brave and spend a week there over half term on my own. Hopefully I will make it onto the flight - I say hopefully as I have bottled out of doing a few things at the last minute. But I have plenty of knitting packed, along with my kindle, some audio books and cat food for the local kitties. As well as all of those things, I have my heart full of so many years of happy memories of wonderful times spent with my lovely Mr JK that I hope it will be enough to give me a good time. Wish me luck! xxx



Our first trip to Kos together, not yet Mr and Mrs JK


And our last xxx


6 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

You are being very brave.I am sure you will shed a few tears but hopefully you can recapture many happy moments from the past.Lots of knitting, reading and sunshine too.Bx

weavinfool said...

You can do this. It may be time to bring those memories forward. Hugs and more hugs.

Jane Winter said...

Hi Helen I hope that your visit is everything that you hope for and that your happy memories of times past in Kos give you the strength that you need to make contenteded new memories. x

Lynne said...

I'm following your holiday posts on Instagram, and have loved reading about all the kindness of the local people. I really hope you enjoy the rest of your hols.

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful photos; you both look so happy. Wishing you a wonderful holiday. xx

Helsie said...


You are a strong woman and you have dealt with all this so well. I'm sure Kos will welcome you back.