Sunday 20 May 2018

Stitches to inspire


Still having the attention span of a gnat and the inability to concentrate on knitting or crochet projects for any length of time, I have found sewing to be a bit of a light in a dark tunnel and a boost to my creative spirits. I'm able to plan something out and make it in a day which gives me a boost and a sense of having achieved something, rather than feeling guilty about yet another unfinished project left languishing in a bag. Two birthdays provided the perfect opportunity for a little creative stitchery, making cushions intended to inspire the recipients. I added sequin stars, fixed by beads, as an extra bit of birthday sparkle. Free motion stitching is so much fun - you don't have to be super-neat because the odd wobble adds a bit of character to your sewing. That's what I tell myself anyway! My sewing hero is Poppy Treffry - her work is so much fun and I would give anything to be able to take part in one of her classes. One day, fingers crossed! xxx














2 comments:

Lynne said...

What a brilliant cushion! I haven't been brave enough to try free-motion sewing.

VeggieMummy said...

Gorgeous, both of them. I've never tried free motion stitching, but I bet it wouldn't look as neat as that! xx