Monday 12 November 2018

Not quite


The baby socks are knitted, the patterns are written up ready for publishing but I'm not quite ready for release yet. I'm hoping to get a real live baby to be able to model them for me. Now I'm not too sure how smoothly this is going to go. Said baby, Eliza, isn't crawling yet, so hopefully there will be enough moments of still to be able to get some good photos. We'll soon see! 

In the meantime, I have become ever so slightly obsessed with a crocheted poncho! It popped up in my Instagram feed and I really, really like it. It's in the current issue of Crochet Now magazine and I decided that I needed to buy a copy at the weekend. I had a poncho once; it was scarlet and white with a fringe and I can very clearly remember pestering my poor Mum to buy it for me from British Home Stores. I wore it to death so that's a good sign that any new poncho is going to be equally loved. The shops are full of cosy, chunky knitwear of the poncho and wrap kind right now aren't they? I hope that when I wear mine, I'm going to look the part and not like I've accidentally mistaken a blanket for my coat! This is the pattern I'm enthusing over ...




and I have two monster balls of Stylecraft Aran with wool in the gorgeous Pale Rose Nepp colourway which I think should look really lovely. I like the idea of being really snuggled up but still having my arms free.




I am trying very hard to ignore the call to crochet until I've finished the second of my Marie Curie socks as they need to be posted off at the start of December. Yesterday Flo supervised the cuff knitting. So it's a socks and photoshoot kind of week for me by the looks of things. What have you got lined up for yours? xxx



3 comments:

Jennyff said...

Oh I love a poncho, I have several. I knit myself a grey cable one and I’ve bought a black cashmere one and pinky grey chunky cotton one. So it's only fair you have that lovely crochet number, it is indeed a fab pattern that will be fun to make and fun to wear so what’s stopping you.

Lynne said...

Ooo! I can see why you liket that poncho. Good luck with finishing the socks.

VeggieMummy said...

That poncho looks really snugly. I remember loving my poncho too - I had a green and blue tartan one in the 70s that I had completely forgotten about until now. Have fun with the socks. xx