Monday 3 February 2020

Yarnuary 2020 - days 25 - 31




Winding up my contributions to Yarnuary 2020. It's been fun! Hope you've enjoyed this peek into my knitting life. xxx


Day 25 - What's in your knitting bag





I could say ‘which bag?’ as I have rather a lot of knitting bags as seen in day 18’s post! But here is one of my current projects in one of my favourite ThreeBagsFull project bags. I love the little black kitty, it reminds me of Flo 🐾💗 Inside this bag is my new sock design knit in Lay Family yarn, a notebook and pen for jotting things down and a notions case, again from ThreeBagsFull. Within the notions case, there’s a tape measure, needle gauge, scissors, assorted stitchmarkers, needles, KnitPro gadget for changing needles, and a solid lotion bar for keeping my hands soft.


Day 26 - Something you've lost



I knitted these socks back in 2018 using mini balls of Opal sock yarn from my yarn Advent calendar. I don’t recall ever wearing them (apart from for the photo) but I can’t find them! If you wouldn’t mind checking your sock drawer, I’d be very grateful! 


Day 27 - Your favourite book



So hard to pick just one as I’ve always loved reading. But I’ve chosen two childhood favourites: Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery and Carbonel by Barbara Sleigh. Both totally brilliant! And as you can see, both very well read! 


Day 28 - Something you regret



I do regret those years that, for whatever reason, I stopped knitting. But I’ve more than made up for it now! 


Day 29 - Your biggest dream





My biggest dream is obviously to get my health back and also to design a pattern that is popular enough to raise lots of money for Myositis UK.


Day 30 - Something you're grateful for



I’m grateful for my friends and in particular Julia, who has been the most amazing and supportive friend you could wish for since I’ve been unwell. I really don’t know how I would have got through it without her.


Day 31 - Your next project



My next project will be a blanket using Stylecraft yarn. At the moment I’m playing around with various designs and stitch patterns and having lots of fun! 




2 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

I love having a nosy inside other people's project bags. Maybe we should start a support group for compulsive project bag purchasers?! I remember those books from my childhood too and sadly, despite extensive searching, those socks are not in my sock drawer! xx

Jane Winter said...

I had exactly those editions of the books; we must be of a similar vintage ourselves. I agree that they are a good choice. I also enjoyed reading all of the other Anne of Green Gables books although I am not sure what I would think of them now. I do remember in one of the later books there was a breakthrough in her teaching. It came when she overcome her reluctance and struck a child thus earning their respect and good behaviour! Ah well, times change I suppose"