Wednesday 10 November 2021

Happy Smiley Things

I may not be able to knit very much at the moment due to my sore fingers, but there are plenty of things that have brought a happy smile to my face over the last few weeks.


*** The excitement of a new Attic24 crochetalong in January ***
Such happy colours in Lucy's new blanket design, perfect for bringing cheer to the dark winter days.



*** New sock yarn ***
For everyday socks, I love commercial yarns such as Opal. Ellie from Crafthouse Magic has just started stocking some Opal yarn, so I got a couple of balls - one 4ply and the other chunky.



*** More sock yarn! ***
You know that I'm addicted to stripy sock yarn and rainbows so this skein from The Yarn Badger had my name on it from the very moment I saw a photo on Instagram! 'Stormy Rainbow'



*** Sewing ***
I have been doing a little bit of sewing using some precious scraps of Liberty lawn fabric to make a bag. It's not quite finished yet, but I will share a photo with you when it is.



*** Helping a friend to knit ***
My friend Liz taught herself to knit during the first lockdown and is challenging herself by knitting her first garment in the round and learning the Magic Loop technique. By the end of the afternoon, she'd got it! She is knitting my top down sweater pattern which is free to download from Stylecraft here.



*** New fabric for project bags ***
I absolutely love this Granny square fabric and plan to sew some project bags with it.



*** Flo ***
She really is the bestest girl, keeping me company and always ready for a cuddle.



*** A new calendar ***
I have been on the lookout for a 'crafty' calendar to hang up in my kitchen, to remind me of birthdays. Although I have things in my phone too, it's good to have a visual reminder. This one is from Sharon Blackman and has a beautiful stitched picture each month.



*** Candlelight ***
I like having a scented candle lit in the evenings. The gently flickering flame and the soft light that it provides brings a feeling of wellbeing. I'm just finishing up my summer fragrances from Wells Huts Soap and Candles Company, and then I'll make a start on the festive ones.



I hope you've had some happy, smiley things in your life too! xxx

 

3 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

So many happy. smiley things! I love your sock yarns and can't wait to see your project bag finished. Here's to many more happies. xx

Jennyff said...

There is much satisfaction in finding joy in simple things, where would we be without cats and yarn and candles. Hope the fingers are fixed soon, stroking Flo is good therapy.

Helen said...

All such great things and FULL of color. :)