Thursday 11 November 2021

Repose socks

I'm thrilled to be able to share my latest sock design with you today. 'Repose' is a top down lacy sock pattern knit using some absolutely gorgeous yarn from Lay Family Yarn. Kelly very kindly gave me yarn support for my design which uses her Yak sock yarn. It comes in beautiful rich shades and I used Saffron Spice as the main colour and 1969 as the contrast. Kelly doesn't normally sell mini skeins of the yak sock yarn, but I believe that she will have some available if you'd like to use it. You can find the pattern in the latest issue of The Knitter magazine (170) which is on sale today. I just love how the socks have been styled in the magazine photos, don't you?


Photo copyright The Knitter

Photo copyright The Knitter



I did take a few photos of the socks before sending them off to the magazine for the photoshoot. The colours are so rich and warming, perfect cosy Autumn day socks.






I knitted a pair for myself in a solid colour, using the 1969 colourway of the yak yarn. They are very cosy.






I also made a pair using another sock set from Lay Family Yarn. This colourway is called 'Gorjus Darling!' and was the Strictly special edition yarn a couple of years ago. You can see that the pattern looks just as nice knit in paler yarns. Choose something that isn't too 'busy' or you won't see the lace so well. 









I hope you like them. Do let me know if you knit a pair, I'd love to see them! xxx



 

1 comment:

VeggieMummy said...

Wonderful pattern; you are clever, I wouldn't know where to start! xx