Saturday 3 December 2022

Blogmas Day 3

🎄🎄🎄 Day 3 🎄🎄🎄

Music has always played an important part for me in the festive season. I have sung in choirs and ensembles for most of my life and until lockdown, I was part of a small chamber choir with only sixteen members - two voices per part. We held concerts twice a year, and I especially enjoyed the candlelit carol concert where there was always a mix of the traditional old favourites as well as newer music. I really miss singing and hope that I will be able to start back again next year.  

I'd like to introduce you to one of my favourite vocal ensembles, Voces 8. The sound that they make is unbelievably beautiful and I thoroughly recommend you look for them on YouTube and immerse yourself in pure bliss. Mr JK and I were lucky enough to see them perform several years ago and it was a wonderful evening. I've added some of their performances here. The first is a traditional Advent carol and the other two are lighter Christmas songs. Enjoy! xxx





 

4 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Wow, wonderful performances. Very impressive indeed. xx

DebbyMc said...

Great! I especially loved O Come, O Come Emmanuel.

Corinne said...

What beautiful singers! Thanks for sharing.

peahen said...

Thank you for sharing these Helen. They are amazing arrangements beautifully performed. As a brass bander, I have a love/hate relationship with these tunes. They evoke some happy memories, but as a very important time of the year for brass bands, the demands on your time is huge. (I am adamant that I have stood under a street lamp in the snow for the last time!)