Monday 5 December 2022

Blogmas Day 5

🎄🎄🎄 Day 5 🎄🎄🎄

I can still remember the thrill as a child opening my Advent calendar each day. There was no such thing as a chocolate Advent calendar, let alone a yarn one! You felt lucky if there was some glitter on it! My brother and I were always sent a calendar each in the post by a family friend and they usually showed the Nativity scene. One year there was great excitement as we each got a Santa Advent calendar and you could make his arms and legs move up and down (through a clever little linkage and levers system on the reverse) by pulling the string between Santa's legs! I don't think that today's children would be very impressed! I bought this little Advent calendar card from my friend Julie. She has an online shop selling cards and gift wrap and stocks some really lovely things. You can find her shop here. I actually bought it for last Christmas and put it away somewhere so safe that I couldn't find it last year! I am enjoying opening each day's tiny door and admiring the artwork behind. It really is lovely. Do you have an Advent calendar for yourself? xxx



 

1 comment:

Jane Winter said...

That is such a sweet advent calendar; I like the picture ones.
My calendar this year has little packets of seeds. However, they are not very well labelled (one had no label at all) and I suspect that the maker is not a gardener. However, it is beautifully presented with little packets that tie up to make a garland and I am quite enjoying oppening it.