Tuesday 6 December 2022

Blogmas Day 6

🎄🎄🎄 Day 6 🎄🎄🎄

I decided not to make knitted gifts for my Rheumatology team for Christmas this year, so I'm giving them a different homemade gift - some organic hand balm. I was introduced to this particular recipe by one of my Instagram Knit and Natter friends, Jo, who made me some sweet hand balm mice. They smelt gorgeous and were moisturising without being overly greasy so I asked Jo where she found the instructions. Sew Sweet Violet has a short video tutorial on her YouTube channel guiding you through the various steps. You can find it here. I ordered everything that I needed to get started and have made twenty one tins of hand balm which will hopefully be enough! By the time you read this post, I will have gifted them as I'm at the hospital all week for my next round of infusions and hopefully they will be well received. I can thoroughly recommend having a go at making them. I chose to buy all organic ingredients including the essential oils - lavender, sweet orange and rose and geranium - as I wanted them to be extra special. Have you ever tried making your own hand balm or soap? xxx




 

2 comments:

Jane Winter said...

Oh Helen; they look lovely
I have never made handcream or anything like that .... but I am going to now! I have just sent off for the bits and pieces that I need. I am sure that your medical team will love them.

Christi said...

Your little hand balms are so very cute, they must smell heavenly as well! Did your medical team love them?

Kim from Canada xxx