Sunday 2 July 2023

Harbour blanket ta-da!





I have, at long last, finished my Attic24 Harbour blanket. Lucy released the pattern for a crochet-along back in January 2022. The pattern was shared over several weeks, with the aim of completing each week's rows in time for the next block. I got behind and the blanket got consigned to a project bag by the side of the sofa. In no time at all, it became buried under more project bags and I only got round to digging it out again after Flo was put to sleep. The colours in the blanket were inspired by boats and other seafaring bits and pieces and looking at some of my photos of harbours (mostly in Cornwall, a couple in Whitby and one from Greece), Lucy has the colours nailed perfectly.













Although Flo is no longer here to give it her seal of approval, she did give it the paws up early on in its making. I'm glad it's had a squish from Flo 🐾🐾🐾





It's currently on the back of one of the sofas, but I plan to use it out in the garden when the days get a little cooler, so I can be nice and cosy while I'm reading. You can find details of the pattern here on the Attic24 website and yarn packs are available from Woolwarehouse if you don't have a bricks and mortar Stylecraft stockist close by. Have you ever made any of Lucy's blankets? xxx

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh, it turned out beautiful! I've never made on of Lucy's patters but I am so very tempted because I love them. I'm thinking a smaller version might be perfect for a prayer shawl for the group I crochet with, I'll have to think on that because I don't like what I'm making! I also love her Sweet Pea pattern!

VeggieMummy said...

Glorious and I'm glad that Flo got to give it a squish! I've made several of Lucy's blankets and love them all. xx

Susan @ Damn, Knit & Blast It said...

You knew it was going to be a successful project when it gets the "Paw of approval".
Lovely :)

Jane Winter said...

You've made a fabulous job of it Helen. I should imagine that one or two of Flo's hairs are crocheted in there too!