Saturday 24 June 2023

Grannies-in-a-Row socks

I was lucky enough to be part of the test knitters for a crazy new sock pattern called 'Grannies-in-a-Row' which has been designed by Jen Yard who is Every.thing.Shapes.Us over on Instagram. The design uses both crocheted granny squares and traditional sock knitting to create a really fun sock. The first sock was made using lots of oddments of West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4ply yarn.




I wanted to knit a pair using self-striping yarn, so I used leftovers from my Advent skein from The Yarn Badger and made the granny squares one solid colour. 





Copyright Jen Yard


Jen is running a KAL over on Instagram which starts today and ends on August 31st, so there's loads of time to join in. The pattern is currently on sale until this coming Monday (June 26th) from Jen's Ravelry store here. I will be joining in and hope to knit a matching sock for each of my test knits as well as another pair or two. There will be prizes too and I am donating something! I really hope you come and join the fun! xxx







 

4 comments:

DebbyMc said...

Hmmmm...i have a couple skeins of a different colorway of Yarn Badger self striping that have been staring at me for awhile now... I'll have to see if i have a good solid cc to go with, i think... 💡🤔😄

DebbyMc said...

Pattern bought👍 Now to head over to IG😀

VeggieMummy said...

What a fun design and I love all those delicious stripes. xx

Jane Winter said...

In my imagination those socks would have been horrible. But in real life they are gorgeous, you've chosen some lovely colours too. Well done Helen.