Thursday 24 September 2020

Six months on ...

 When I wrote this blog post and this one back in March, I didn't expect, six months later, to still be having to stay at home, shielding. I know that officially, the government's shielding programme has been paused since August, because I'm still immunosuppressed and having chemo, my consultants have told me to carry on doing so. Apart from trips out to go to hospital appointments and blood tests, and more recently, to make use of the mobile post office van that comes to the village one morning a week, I haven't been out of the house at all. Six months, half a year - it sounds like such a long time. But I haven't sat at home feeling sorry for myself. I am quite happy with my own company, and I do have Flo of course to talk to! I have tried to fill my time with a variety of things. Knitting, crochet, reading, listening to audiobooks, sewing - just a few of the things I've done. More recently, I have been making a conscious effort to watch less television. It had got to the stage where the TV was on a lot of the time, more as background noise than actually paying attention to what was on. And believe me, if you've not experienced it, daytime TV is pretty grim! So I thought I'd celebrate the past 6 months with a few photos of happy things from each month. xxx

March 2020

Happy rainbow feet!


Flo basking in the sunshine


Daffodils blooming in the garden



April 2020

Celebrating Easter with a slice of Simnel cake baked by my neighbour's daughter


Enjoying the daily hooking on my temperature blanket


Receiving a beautiful gift from a friend



May 2020

Enjoying a loaf of bread baked by my friend Julia


Sewing flags for a celebratory display at my local hospital


Finally releasing my Mermaids' Playtime sock pattern



June 2020

New sock designs in the pipeline


Enjoying the scent of the lavender just outside my back door


Joining in with a mystery shawl KAL and making some lovely Instagram friends in the process



July 2020

Seeing my baby knits in use


Knitting myself a Love Note sweater


Planning to start up my Fibre 4 Fibres raffles again



August 2020

Chemotherapy (it is a happy thing as it is hopefully going to help me!)


My post-chemo tea and chocolate treat


Knitting myself a floofy hat (hopefully I will get to use it at some point this winter!)


September 2020

My first ever attempt at designing a sweater


Reaching halfway to my £10,000 fundraising target


Collaborating with Hayley from Ducky Darlings to create a sock design and sock set













5 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Despite not leaving the house for 6 months, you have been very busy! I love the babies and their cosy knits and I really hope that you have need of that hat this winter. xx

Jennyff said...

You certainly haven’t been wasting time have you, so much beautiful work. I’m glad you cope so well with your incarceration, spending time with yarn and Flo could never be a hardship really but only being allowed out for your treatment can’t be pleasant. I really hope it’s making you better and I really hope that we all get our proper lives back eventually, I won’t say soon because it does appear that’s going to happen. Keep positive keep safe and be well.

Cinnamony Hill said...

You have made so many beautiful things! Such gorgeous knitted socks! I get to the heel turn and can't figure it out ugh! The colors are beautiful of all...Thank you for sharing your inspiring talent and situation!

Cinnamony Hill said...

Can you tell me where to find the Temperature Blanket (above) pattern for the block? I love it! Thank you and hugs from the other side..

josiekitten said...

Cinnamony Hill, the pattern I am using for my temperature blanket is the Sunburst Granny square by Priscilla Hewitt. It's a free pattern and you should be able to find it if you Google it.