Friday 20 February 2009

Only a little slip off the stash-busting wagon!

Well, I promised that I'd confess all didn't I? My trip to Textiles in Focus proved very profitable! I spotted a few balls of Mini Mochi on the Woolly Workshop stand, so snaffled a couple pretty quickly! From what I've read, the yarn is in short supply over here, with new stock not expected in until May. The yarn is beautifully soft, with vibrant colours that remind me of Noro. No doubt, destined to become socks! (No surprises there then!) I also bought a skein of DK wool from 21st Century Yarns. This was very reasonably priced, at only £7.40 for 100g. There was a fantastic choice of colours, and eventually I chose the colourway Kashmir. I want to experiment with knitting using beads, also purchased today. I could have bought a lot more, as there were some gorgeous sock yarns there, but my resolve was strong (and I'd only taken cash!!)

My creation

The photos at the bottom show both sides of the skein from 21st Century Yarns - see what I mean about the lovely colours?

I've just joined a new knitting forum, Phoenix Knitting Forums, formed after the sudden disappearance of Angel Yarns. I felt very sad yesterday when I discovered that the AY forum had disappeared so suddenly, without warning. So I was delighted to see how quickly some very enterprising and clever members have set up a new forum, so that we can all keep in touch with our virtual knitting friends. Thank you so much.

No comments: