Sunday 20 September 2009

Innocent Hats - the Autumn collection

I realised this weekend that I needed to get my skates on if I was planning to knit any more little hats for Innocent Smoothie bottles. This year's Big Knit is well underway, and finished hats need to be posted before October 16th. For each behatted smoothie sold, Innocent and Sainsburys will give 35p to Help the Aged and Age Concern. It's a great cause. I was aiming to knit 40 hats this year, but time has caught up on me, and I've only managed half that amount. I knitted 10 during the summer holidays with snoopydog, and knit 10 this weekend. Belinda and Betty were more than happy to help out with the modelling, but there was a little bit of a tussle about who was going to wear the tall 'princess'-style hat. Betty won (I told Belinda that pink really wasn't her colour!) Here is the Innocent Smoothie Autumn collection for your delectation and delight.

Innocent Smoothies Autumn collection 2009

I haven't got a great deal else to show you this week. School is really draining me. I have a really big class this year, and just keeping up with the day to day marking and preparation is eating into my knitting time. I've knitted a bit of my 'July' sock, started my September socks and started (and frogged) a project I'm knitting as part of a 'Something Blue' swap on Phoenix Knitting Forums. The pattern itself isn't difficult, but almost every row is different, so you need to keep your wits about you! I managed to lose a stitch, and could I find it? NO! I kept undoing rows, one at a time, to no avail. So now I have 2 balls of yarn, ready to start again.

I do have a little something to look forward to later in the year. I returned to my LYS to have another try at spinning earlier this month. Mr Josiekitten has promised me a spinning wheel for my birthday, wedding anniversary and Christmas presents (December is a very expensive month for him!) and I wanted to make sure that it was going to be money well spent! I was much more relaxed 2nd time round, and was really pleased with my efforts. I used some Shetland fleece, and it feels wonderfully soft. I have 38g and am determined to find a pattern to show it off! Here it is in its skein. Ta da!

own spun sept 09

I shall be back soon, with (hopefully) more to show you! Have a good week.

3 comments:

snoopydogknits said...

The Autumn collection is sooo stylish! You may be in the running for hat designer of the year! I am so envious of your lovely spinning too... it's great! Have s good week. XX

Poison_kitty said...

Love your hats! I knit a few over the weekend but they're not as good as yours!

Susan @ Damn, Knit & Blast It said...

Fabby hats - I see you've take a leaf out of Rowan's book too - Using fabulous, attractive models!

They are the cutest :-)