Wednesday 2 June 2010

Gardens of delight

Hello again. Hope you're having a good week. I certainly am! Mr JK and I are having a truly fabulous holiday here in Cornwall. We decided to head to the Eden Project yesterday, as the weather wasn't great. We set off early to try and beat the crowds, and spent a most enjoyable time wandering through the biomes. There is so much to see, both inside and out, and luckily, by the time we came out of the biomes, the sun was out!

Cornwall day 3 056

We then headed up onto the North coast, to Padstow. Every other shop claimed to be selling the best pasties in Cornwall! There were lots of fish and chip shops too, from the upmarket Rick Stein's ........

Cornwall day 3 077

..... to the more down to earth!!!

Cornwall day 3 063

I just had to try the local ice cream. The main difficulty was deciding what flavour to have. Eventually, I settled for chunky chocolate, with clotted cream on the top! It was rather yummy!

Cornwall day 3 076

I ate my ice cream overlooking the harbour. The whole place was buzzing with activity. A bit too busy for me, if I'm honest.

Cornwall day 3 079

Later in the evening, we went to an old childhood favourite - Daymer Bay. It was my family's favourite beach, and seeing it again brought back many happy memories.

Cornwall day 3b 004

Afterwards we walked to St Enodoc's church, nestled in the dunes behind the beach, and saw the gravestone of John Betjeman.

Cornwall day 3b 017

You can look out across the bay and watch the sunset. A perfect end to a perfect day!

Cornwall day 3b 019

6 comments:

M.E. Greene said...

I am so utterly jealous of your travel adventures! What a lovely trip. The biomes are spectacular... I would love to see those in person!

Lynne said...

I would love to go to the Eden Project, and that ice cream looks delicious! Enjoy the rest of your hols! :)

Clicky Needles said...

Wow, you're very busy. Sounds like you're having lots of fun.

Helsie said...

Thanks for sharing your holiday. I love Cornwall and your photos bring back fond memories of our holiday there in 2008. But we didn't sample the ice cream and it looks lovely so have one for me!!!
Cheers
Helen

Stadtwaldvogel said...

The pictures are beautiful! Enjoy your time!
I am looking forward a long free weekend!
Greetings from Julia!

melissa said...

again - what gorgeous gorgeous pictures! it looks like you are having just a wonderful wonderful trip.