Sunday 17 April 2011

Hat update

Just a quick post this evening to bring you an update on my Innocent Smoothie hats. I was a bit behind with my 'hat a week' knitting, so had a blitz this week. Since Royal wedding fever is rampant across the UK, I thought that I'd show a bit of patriotism with a red, white and blue collection. So here are the hats of the week for weeks 21-26. I bet we won't see any of these at Westminster Abbey!

Smoothie hats of week 21-26 (the red, white and blue collection)


Other updates on the yarn front -




  • my Peasy was finished, but since I have a spare ball of yarn (I bought an extra ball a couple of weeks ago because I was worried about running out) I'm unpicking the sleeve cast offs and making the sleeves longer! So it's not finished, but hopefully will be in the next couple of days!


  • I still haven't cast on my Spriteling, but will do so this evening, or else I can see myself getting so far behind that it won't get done!


  • I've almost finished the first of my Cinder Block socks. A couple more pattern repeats before the toe should just about do it!


  • I spun some fibre really badly this afternoon. There is sooooooooooo much twist in it it looks like super noodles!! I'm going to skein up and soak the single, and weight it while it dries to see if there is anything I can do to salvage it!

Hope you manage some knitting time this week! See you soon. xxx

7 comments:

snoopydogknits said...

Ha ha! Such cute little hats. Ros xx

faith76 said...

lovin the hats!

Lynne said...

Your hats are lovely, and your models are so patient!

WildflowerWool said...

Very cute hats!

Unknown said...

Love the hats. The Royal Wedding would be a lot cooler if they were wearing hats like that.

I love Prince William but I just can't get into Kate Middleton. I realize that Princess Diana is a tough act to follow but Kate just strikes me as being rather dull and bland.

melissa said...

love the little lineup of hats!

is there a wedding happening in your part of the world, i hadn't heard.... :)

Stadtwaldvogel said...

One hat is better than the other one! Cheers for the royal wedding!
Have a wonderful free week!
Yours, Julia