Thursday 6 October 2011

Longshadows

A quick post this evening to share with you a few more photos of my finished Longshadows scarf. This was the first project from Anne Hanson's Fall in Full Color Club. The yarn was a delight to work with, and I just love the deep bluey-purple shades. I took it down to the beach last weekend, but it really was too hot to wear it. I tried draping it over a fishing boat first.

Aldeburgh and Southwold 1st October 2011 027

It was such a bright, sunny day that a lot of the detail in the scarf was lost. You can see the leaf pattern much more clearly in this photo......
Longshadows (2)

..... and this one shows it off even better. I think that I need more practise in blocking. I threaded the blocking wires through all the little pointy bits at the edges, which took ages. I don't think I quite blocked it out straight, but I'm sure it won't show when it's worn!
Longshadows (3)

I received a rather lovely squishy parcel too - the first installment of fibre from Hedgehog Fibres fibre club. I treated myself to a 3 month 'back to school' present! This month's fibre is Wensleydale, and the colours are just stunning!
Hedgehog fibres Sept fibre club (2)

I'm busy spinning some BFL from Alchemy Fibre Arts at the moment, and with any luck it'll be plied all ready to show you at the weekend.
I did get another parcel this week that I feel compelled to share with you. It's only 80 days until Christmas (scary thought!) and I've been trying to get ahead, buying cards. As soon as I saw these, I knew I had to buy a couple of packs for my knitty friends!

Woolly Christmas card

If you'd like some too, you can find them here! Will you be able to resist?! See you very soon! xxx

5 comments:

Kate said...

That Christmas card is perfect, as is the scarf. :-D

Kat Jorgensen said...

Beautiful Longshadows! Love the new fiber and those holiday cards are too cute. : )

WildflowerWool said...

The lace scarf is amazing!

Lynne said...

Longshadows is gorgeous!! Love the fibre, and it would have been rude not to buy those Christmas cards. :)

Anonymous said...

longshadows is stunning! absolutely gorgeous!!

and oh my - that fiber has taken my breath away.... so so lovely! can't wait to see it once you've worked your magic on it!

-melissa